Friday, August 3, 2012

The Exception or The Rule

There was a show back in the 90's I think on MTV called Singled Out.  GREAT show HAHA I mean for 90's tv and all (HELLO Saved by the Bell, Oscar winning acting right there!). 

I've been thinking about that show lately and how great it would be if I could make something like that happen in real life.  Shout out the characteristics I like in a person and only those with those characteristics are the ones who cross paths with me. 

Life is not a 90's MTV game show and I hate to admit this but dating today, SUCKS!  At times it feels like there's an ongoing practical joke happening and I'm the victim :)  

My dating track record is the motley crew of idiots, from the first boyfriend when I was 19 to the one I broke up with last year or earlier this year. After the last fiasco of a relationship I thought I should really intiate things and make a better effort at meeting higher quality people. That's not really working out so well :)   It seems today's society is filled with dirtbag hornballs who pretty much only seek ONE thing.  Not that I'm itching to walk down to aisle but it would be nice to get confirmation that I too can spend quality time with a decent guy :)   Reluctantly I decided, ok let's give the whole online matchmaking a try b/c we've all heard stories of that couple you met that way. 

Yeah those people are the exception, I am the rule. And the rule is, most people don't meet nice guys from those sites.  Yes yes I'm taking information from "He's Just Not That Into You" but let's be real, that movie (and the book I'm sure) is basically the blueprint to the dating world and we all know it. 

" I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work so I called him at home and then he e-mailed me to my Blackberry and so I texted to his cell and then he e-mailed me to my home account and the whole thing just got out of control. And I miss the days when you had one phone number and one answering machine and that one answering machine has one cassette tape and that one cassette tape either had a message from a guy or it didn't. And now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting. "

I'm not a pessimistic dater and I'm still meeting people and trying new things and I probably will continue to do so b/c I'm a people person.  Just wanted to vent that, dating sure does suck.  All this effort you put into trying to get to know people that may turn out to be completely wrong for you can be tiring.  I can say I've met some cool men and also come across some weird and crazy ones too.  But I admit, I'm getting tired of this rat race called dating.  Is it possible that I can just sit back and relax and Mr. Charming will just fall into my lap?  Yeah I didn't think so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment